Features of a Branch Office
- The branch office name must match that of the parent company.
- It is considered to be an extension of the foreign parent company.
- It does not have a separate legal identity from the parent company.
- One staff member (either residents or non-residents) must be appointed to act as agents.
- The role of the agents is to support the operations and administration of the Branch Office.
- The foreign parent company is liable for the acts, losses and debts of its branch office.
- Non-resident staff acting as agents and relocating to Singapore must obtain an Employment Pass.
- The foreign parent company’s Memorandum and Articles of Association will dictate the business activities of the branch office.
- Must have a registered office address in Singapore
Branch Office Registration Requirements
- 1 Corporate shareholder
- Appoint at least 1 resident agent who represents the company. Agents can be residents or non-residents.
- Company name must be the same as the parent company
- Minimum paid-up capital of ONE share in any currency of any denomination (eg S$1)
- A local registered office address
Registration fee includes following:
- Branch Office Name verification and reservation
- Preparation of memorandum & articles of the branch office
- Preparation of registration forms
- Registration of the Branch Office
- Professional & Government filing fees
- E-Certificate of incorporation
- Preparation of corporate compliance kit, including corporate seal, share certificates, register and minutes book
- Minutes of first board meeting
- Company profile extract from ACRA
- Resolution and assistance to open corporate bank account
Documents Required for branch office registration
- A certified copy of Certificate of Incorporation of the foreign parent company.
- A certified copy of Memorandum and Articles of the foreign parent company.
- Personal Particulars of directors of the branch office.
- A memorandum executed by or on behalf of the foreign company stating the powers of the local directors, if any.
- A memorandum of appointment or power of attorney stating the names and addresses of two or more residents in Singapore to act as authorized agents to perform services and accept any official notices served to the company.